About the position:
Accounting Jobs in Canada for Filipino, We are currently looking for a Accounts Payable Associate to join our team to assist with our accounting and finance department. You would take ownership of the Accounts Payable function, activities including the accurate and timely processing of daily/outstanding payables, maintaining spreadsheets, and reconciling accounts.
Post Name – Accounts Payable Accountant
Qualification – Accounting Diploma/Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 35 To CAD 38 Per Hour
Location – Montréal, Quebec, Canada H3B 1A6
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify, enter, and process employee expense claims.
- Process and reconcile insurance advisors’ commission payments on a daily basis.
- Enter invoices, investigate discrepancies, and resolve accounts payable issues with vendors.
- Processing Bill payments.
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets.
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations including Bank and Credit card reconciliations.
- Assist on year-end tasks and special projects, as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of related work experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Accounting Diploma/Degree.
- Professional experience with NetSuite is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
What we offer:
- Paid vacation time and personal days
- Health and dental benefits, as well as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to work with engaged and professional team and colleagues
- Ongoing professional development & training
- Opportunities to participate in fun organization activities, such as our Holiday and Summer parties
Who we are:
Insurance Supermarket Group of Companies, including Specialty Life Insurance. is one of the largest and fastest growing independently owned Insurance Technology companies in Canada.
We offer comprehensive Life Insurance products that help many Canadians with their life insurance needs. Over 250,000 Canadians a year have relied on our advice, and we have provided more than 10 billion dollars in insurance coverage.
Our team of professionals has been proudly helping Canadian consumers with their life insurance needs for over 11 years. We hire individuals based not only on their expertise, but also on their passion for helping others, and those who live by our core values every day.
Our employees are professional, proactive, passionate, and team players, and persevere in the face of challenges. We hire individuals based not only on their expertise, but also on their passion for helping others, and those who live by our core values every day.
Our employees are amazing: professional, proactive, and passionate; we want to work with and hire the best! Our position will appeal to individuals who want to work for an exciting and growing organization and are mature and self-motivated – we look forward to meeting you!
Specialty Life is also committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.