Admissions Officer Jobs In UK, The post holder will be responsible for obtaining demographic information, and financial information, booking all inpatient and day case admissions utilizing booking and theatre modules aiming to use the Hospitals resources to the fullest effect. Provide reconciliation of banking for all hospital transactions.
The primary emphasis is to provide efficient effective communication at all levels to both external and internal customers. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding patients, families, and friends at all times,
Ensuring continuous improvement of the patient experience is at the center of all activities within the individual’s scope of responsibility. Candidates must be able to work under pressure with exemplary attention to detail. The ability to work well in a team and to have the initiative to make decisions based on your knowledge of hospital policies and procedures is essential.
|Post Name||Admissions Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 27500 Per Year|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A 1AA|
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer-facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care. No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference in the lives of our customers each and every day.
What you’ll do:
- Answer all incoming calls in a timely manner and provide an efficient high-quality service to all internal and external customers inclusive of patients/relatives, clinicians, secretaries, internal colleagues, and members of the general public.
- Attend bed meetings and ensure all necessary information obtained is updated on the bed board and detailed in the bed summary and communicated to all related departments.
- Receive all inpatient and day case bookings from recognized clinicians and their associated staff, input all relevant details to the Hospitals Information Systems
- Allocate patient rooms and manage bed status and board working with Site Lead and associated multi-disciplinary teams
- Facilitate preadmission clinic bookings and any subsequent queries.
- Provide quotes for all self-pay bookings and any requests sent via email or received by phone.
- Conduct courtesy calls/emails to patients to ensure we have all necessary demographics, and financial information, obtain credit card details, explain the registration form (financial agreement), provide direction details if required, and answer any questions the patient may have about their admission.
- Meet & greet patients at the pre-admission clinic or on the day of admission when financial details are not secure. Facilitate this in a timely manner to ensure patients’ admission is not delayed.
- Visiting patients in their rooms was necessary to collect registration forms, required information, or payment.
- Always assist with monitoring accounts’ length of stay and discharge to ensure fully financially covered. Keep patients informed of costs where applicable.
What you’ll bring:
- Computer Literate (Microsoft package)
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Good written and spoken English.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Able to work on own initiative, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Good timekeeping but prepared to be flexible
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As an Admissions Officer you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday per year, pro rata to your contract.
- Access to a range of services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Fixed term benefits allowance
- Access to our confidential employee assistance program
- Workplace pension
- Online discounts cover your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out, and more.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.