Amazon Jobs Chicago Urgent Hiring, As a content strategist for Technical Content Programs on the AWS Technical Content Experience (TCX) Team, you will help define and maintain a process for identifying, creating, curating, publishing, and optimizing content for AWS customers.
You will partner with a stellar team of solutions architects, engineers, writers, and other thought leaders to identify content and functionality that will support customers’ needs to make the right decisions.
A customer-first perspective drives your work, from conceptualization to execution. You cultivate working relationships with project partners at all stages of content creation, from creative inception through publication and promotion.
You are adept at scoping and delivering on a project timeline while spotting the right people to partner with across multiple organizations. You have the ability to seek out knowledge and a desire to learn a content area quickly while understanding the relevance to customers, Business priorities, and context within that area. You are empathic and can put yourself in our customers’ shoes, being mindful of accessibility and inclusivity. You know how to use and share best-in-class UX practices.
You’ll be part of the AWS TCX team, a stellar group of writers, editors, designers, and content engineers. We create, publish, and orchestrate content experiences across a number of AWS sites, including AWS Documentation, that feature technical content.
We also innovate, research, learn, and experiment. We collaborate with product managers to understand our customers’ needs. We partner with software developers to learn the inner workings of AWS services so that we can create accurate documentation, and influence design, and the customer experience.
We know that what we do makes a difference in the successful adoption and implementation of AWS services. In this role, you’ll be collaborating with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), technical writers, and UX designers to develop a prioritized set of content that helps customers understand what they need to know before building on AWS. In the first year, you’ll:
- Transform the results of a pilot into a scalable content strategy that spans the lifecycle of the prioritized set of content, from planning to production to optimization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to coordinate the implementation of that strategy.
- Measure the impact of the strategy and analyze customer feedback to identify optimizations.
- Improve processes to make content authoring faster and easier for internal SMEs.
- Develop internal documentation that enables SME authors to contribute content, and socialize authoring best practices.
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategies to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Prioritize effectively and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Define annual goals and report monthly progress.
- Experience in influencing others outside of the direct line of reporting, and advocating on behalf of the customer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
- 5+ years of content strategy or content program design experience for large or global programs
- Ability to use web data and metrics to gain and communicate new actionable insights, back up assumptions, make content recommendations, and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts for cloud architects, developers, and engineers.
- Experience owning and implementing initiatives pertaining to online content strategy, web content workflows, or technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Experience in program or project management in a high-volume environment.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or other data platforms.
- Experience using Adobe Experience Manager or other enterprise content management systems.
- Experience with SEO mapping and alignment, localization and translation, content mapping and outlines, customer research, narrative design and storytelling, journey mapping, and support for prototype development and usability testing.
- A portfolio of work that includes project and content plans, audience-specific writing, task/gap analyses, content audits, content models, and KPI/metrics criteria definition.