This position is located at our Brick & Mortar (B&M) division on-site in Cape Town. B&M CSAs are expected to work from the site as a regular working location.
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
Although our business has evolved over the years, one constant is customers’ desire for lower prices, better selection, and convenient services. Today, Amazon shoppers can find what they’re looking for online and in person. From delivering fresh produce to their doorstep, to creating and distributing movies, music, and more, we are always finding new ways to delight our customers.
What we are Looking for:
Amazon is seeking customer-focused, values-driven, passionate, articulate, detail-oriented, and disciplined candidates who are interested in working full-time in a virtual (work from home) environment and contributing to world-class customer service (40 hours per week as per scheduled shifts). Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical component of our mission to provide all Amazon customers with prompt, accurate, and professional customer service.
Type of Role: Permanent – Full time
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets. Most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you will require that you work over weekends and public holidays. You must be able to work overnight in this role.
An example of a typical shift is Tuesday to Saturday, 8 pm to 5 am. For this reason, the roles are not open to students as we cannot guarantee the ability to provide you with specific days or times off to attend lectures and write exams.
- We require candidates to have completed an NQF Level 4 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or higher. A tertiary degree or diploma is beneficial.
- An overall minimum of 50% is required, as well as a minimum of 50% in English first language or 60% in English second language.
- Citizenship/Permanent Residency in South Africa
- 2+ years experience in an inbound Customer Service associate role, in a BPO or a contact center supporting phone calls.
- Must be able to work overnight shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
- Intermediate computer knowledge (speed, accuracy, and navigation).
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat with customers via web chat tools.
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels (written and verbal).
- Driven by a desire to provide superior customer service.
- Inbound BPO or contact center experience supporting international customers, preferably in the US, UK, or Australia.
- Experience working the night shift.
- Capacity to function effectively in a high-pressure setting while maintaining a high standard of output quality.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to work overtime when the business requires it.
Please Note: As part of your application, you will be required to complete various assessments. These assessments can take up to 3 hours and are timed, so please start these assessments when you are ready and, in an environment where you are able to focus on completing the assessment. The assessment is not compatible with a mobile device and is required to be completed on a laptop or desktop computer with a fast stable internet connection.
Benefits at Amazon:
- Subsidized Medical Aid.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Generous Leave Policy.
- Subsidized Provident Fund.
- Employee Discount.
- Scheduled Pay Increases.
- Internet reimbursement.
- Study Assistance after 12 months tenure.
- Career Growth (Amazon encourages and supports employee career growth, however, for our Associate role it is expected that you will remain in the role for a minimum of 6 months meeting all performance requirements before you may be considered for a promotional role).