Amazon Jobs Mumbai, INDIA, Do you love getting hands-on with software and sharing your passion for cloud computing with students and young technology enthusiasts? Come join the Developer Relations team at AWS! Our creative, experienced, and energetic organization is responsible for helping to drive the discovery, adoption, and development of AWS services.
In this role, you’ll combine your technical skills, passion, and creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among students and early innovators in India, as well as globally. Ideally, you’re someone with knowledge and experience using technology and cloud computing, familiar with the educational system in the region, especially in the technology domain, who loves connecting with students and supporting their communities.
You are passionate about inspiring the new generations to learn about cloud computing and how they can use it to innovate. You want to equip the next generations with the technical and practical knowledge that can bootstrap their professional career. You know which are the most popular platforms/channels that students use to learn and engage, and know how to use them effectively to connect with them. You love to stay informed and share about the latest in technology with students at different levels of tech proficiency.
- As a Builder, you will dive deep to deliver audience-focused technical presentations and curate and build hands-on technical content. You’ll keep your technical skills updated constantly, always maintaining a baseline understanding of the latest core AWS services, and then adding breadth and depth as required by your passions and by your audience’s needs.
- As a Tactician, you’ll keep the “big picture” in mind and always look for opportunities to improve the customer experience, constantly driving efficiencies in processes and mechanisms.
- As a teacher, you’ll provide technical guidance for Students to learn and be successful with the cloud, simplifying complex topics and tailoring your message to the needs of your audience.
- As an Ambassador, you’ll build solid relationships with students and their communities, collecting insights to help shape AWS’s products as well as AWS programs and initiatives dedicated to Students. You’ll also identify and nurture the profiles of external AWS advocates among students, helping to amplify their voices in the community.
- As an Influencer, you’ll use your unique personality and authentic content to help attract Students to AWS, keeping them engaged and inspired to Learn and Build.
Key job responsibilities
- Gaining recognition and credibility among students by supporting them and providing them guidance on how to access all the resources available to explore and learn about cloud and AWS.
- Nurturing and growing technical student communities, and providing recognition to its most active contributors
- Organizing events and hackathons to inspire students about what’s possible with cloud computing
- Delivering compelling presentations to help students materialize the theory, showcasing how technology is being used to drive innovation today.
- Collaborating with internal teams to define program initiatives for students, using their feedback to drive improvement and innovation.
- Creating and maintaining relevant content (demos, videos, blogs, webinars, books, and other mediums), covering AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to technical audiences.
- Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry Developer Relations organization.
- Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and opportunities to engage with students.
- Experience engaging with technical students and communities
- Knowledge and practical experience in cloud computing, application development platforms, and popular programming languages
- Good public speaking, content creation, and presentation skills (in-person and online)
- Knowledge and experience using social media and digital platforms for organic amplification
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English
NOTE: Please ensure your CV includes links to any content you’ve created (videos of talks, blog posts, demo code, etc) as well as details of any student community activities.
- Basic experience (2-5 yrs) in cloud computing and/or software development, or experience working in a technical role involving Databases, Application Services, Big Data, Containers, Serverless Applications, Machine Learning, and Open Source Solutions, Front-end development, and/ or distributed computing.
- Practical familiarity with cloud computing platforms, architecture work, systems or application design, development, or operations (in a school project or while working for a company). Existing knowledge of the AWS platform is a great bonus.
- History of successful speaking engagements and/or online content creation.
- Success is nurturing, engaging with, and growing technical student communities.
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to get a very good job that will make your career.
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.