Animal Related Job In Ontario, Our Field Leaders develop and deliver growth strategies across our stores. As a leader of people, they are passionate about developing highly engaged teams. As a leader of their region/district, they are forward-thinking and solution-oriented to drive results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides strategic leadership, planning, and execution of solutions for current and future business needs.
- Builds strong partnerships with Regional Vice President and Field Leadership team; coaches Field associates in delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Utilizes data, trend analysis, statistical reports, and benchmarking to conduct root cause analysis of the current state and identification of metric-driven solutions.
- Creates a best-in-class workforce through the development and coaching of all management teams.
- Provides leadership and assessment of associates’ performance to ensure identification and development of high-potentials and bench strength. Champions efforts to build a Field Leadership talent pipeline.
- Holds profit & loss responsibility for the district while ensuring consistent policy and procedure compliance.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and overall direction of accountabilities for store management teams in order to meet District, Region, and Company goals.
- Ensures the safety/security of company assets, customers, pets, and associates through regular store visits and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards.
- Ensures all stores are in compliance with all inventory management tools (WISE) to guarantee appropriate levels of in-stock are available to all customers.
- Effectively communicates business and financial objectives to management teams; audits store performance collects data and communicates store results to PetSmart corporate office. Provides feedback to management on store results.
- Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community.
- Delegates effectively empower others to succeed; challenges others to reach their full potential and encourage them to retain ownership of their results.
- Remains effective in a changing environment and manages change. Adjusts team priorities to meet goals and commitments, ensures continued alignment across the business process, and responds effectively to constantly changing demands.
- Ensures all initiatives for the district are aligned with the company’s vision, governing business strategies, and current business priorities. Develops strategic direction and establishes appropriate priorities for projects critical to success.
- Assesses organizational and operational effectiveness and recommends enhancements that will improve operating processes and performance.
- Acts as a focal point for progress reporting on key initiatives and provides timely updates/presentations. Consistently provides the Regional Vice President with regular feedback on store performance.
- Serves as a visible presence and continuous influence for strategic change and operational excellence across the organization. Interacts up and down, as well as across, the organization to champion a consistent case for continuous improvement resulting in ongoing benefits for the company.
- Proactive Catalytic Approach – Forward thinking, make things happen business approach. Seeks out problems and opportunities for change. Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceeding performance expectations. Possesses a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity.
- Synergistic Implementation Abilities – Able to think through problem solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate internal/external efficiencies. Able to build consensus among groups with diverse backgrounds and motivate cooperation in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Business Impact – Influences others to achieve individual and team objectives. Possesses strong leadership attributes enabling effective direction, facilitation, communication, and cooperation with all levels of associates.
- Cross-functional Approach – Maintains focus on horizontal business processes, not simply vertical business functions. Has a broad business perspective with sound business judgment.
- Independent View – Able to look at the business to identify strategy, process, and relationship opportunities. Challenges assumptions embedded in current processes and practices. Executes strategy and drives organizational alignment.
- Results Orientation – Ability to consistently achieve and deliver business outcomes and business value. Excellent decision-making and project management skills; has a strong track record of success.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university is required. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7-10 years of related and relevant, multi-store experience as a District Manager in a retail environment
- High level of professionalism, interpersonal ability, and flexibility, combined with solid problem-solving skills and a strategic business sense.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
About the Culture
At PetSmart, we strive to create an environment where every associate feels they truly belong. When we embrace and appreciate a wide range of people and perspectives, we create an environment where associates can do their best work, partners enjoy engaging with us and pet parents have an unmatched customer experience.