Animation Winnipeg Full Time Jobs, By controlling how game elements move and interact with each other, you’ll be contributing to the game’s technical development and artistic level. As an Animation Programmer, you’ll be responsible for building systems and tools that will help your colleagues create fun, impressive, and engaging worlds that are reactive and alive while meeting the highest quality standards
- Work with different animation, programming, and mocap teams to understand their game animation needs, constraints, and intentions to design adapted solutions.
- Analyze existing animation features in the engine + design, develop, and maintain animation systems to properly understand technological limits and know what the engine can produce.
- Build animation systems that will be the basis for creating a living, dynamic world.
- Maintain existing animation systems unique to Ubisoft and optimize the animation engine capabilities for new projects.
- Program in a clear and structured manner in keeping with performance, memory, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements.
- Combine the technical and artistic sides of game design and program the animation systems that will make for the best visual representation.
- Research and develop new animation techniques (ex. procedural, physics, etc.).
- Monitor the evolution of animation techniques and share your knowledge with various cross-functional teams across Ubisoft. · Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge – you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. You care about the performance, readability, and maintainability of both your code and the build tools. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- C++ and C# experience + Visual Studio knowledge
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), compression, facial animation, etc.
- Experience in the animation field to understand programming tools and how to improve them
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- A good eye for detail to find even the smallest flaws in the system and optimize them
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: to develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlights your education, experience, skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real-live person will review your application, in this case, Sheena!
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.