Application Consultant Job in Kolkata, Introduction IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive the adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities The Site Reliability Engineer is a critical role in Cloud-based projects. An SRE works with the development squads to build platform & infrastructure management/provisioning automation and service monitoring using the same methods used in software development to support application development.
SREs create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics. They split their time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 10+ yrs experience required.
- Have good exposure to Operational aspects (Monitoring, Automation, Remediations) – Monitoring tools exposure like NewRelic, Prometheus, ELK, Distributed tracing, APM, App Dynamics, etc.
- Troubleshooting and documenting Root cause analysis and automating the incident
- Understands the Architecture, SRE mindset, Understands data model
- Platform Architecture and Engineering – Ability to design, and architect a Cloud platform that can meet Client SLAs /NFRs such as Availability, system performance etc. SRE will define the environment provisions framework, identify potential performance bottlenecks and design a cloud platform.
- Design/Build activities – ability to define coding standards, quality gates, and security frameworks and ensure that they are comprehensively implemented across all design & build activities.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Effectively communicate with business and technical team members.
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skills.
- Telecom domain experience is an added plus
- Run & Manage activities – the ability to work with Operations teams to define IPC processes, define monitoring frameworks, build automation runbooks, and conceptualize and implement performance dashboards.
- Have development background (SDLC, Agile, Programming languages like JEE, .NET, Node JS, etc, Code quality, security, Unit Testing)
- Excellent DevOps Skills including IAAS, Jenkins, etc