Assistant Jobs Chicago For Foreigners, Coordinates collection, analysis, processing & reporting of data & assists the Principal Investigator (PI) in reviewing the validity of data obtained in regard to grant programs. Completes activities related to NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), grant activities ensuring following NIH and funder regulations.
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, We offer a variety of tools and resources. Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires,
The Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami, and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data; &/or preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Completes portions of grant applications &/or documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- May process reimbursements for travel expenses.
- Processes invoices &/or purchase requisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete NU’s IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- MS Office suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Proactive, Collaborative – the ability to work in a team setting, Deadline orientated
- Experience with IRB processes, Experience working cross-culturally with different institutions, attention to detail,
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to read and understand program budgets, Excellent writing skills, Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts, and more!
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles. We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare, and senior/adult care.