Associate Jobs Ottawa, Working under the direction of the Senior Communications Associate, the Associate creates, packages, coordinates, and promotes stakeholder-facing communications. The role will also focus on developing and refining processes and building knowledge to improve stakeholder engagement. This is a full-time bilingual Ottawa-based position currently operating in a remote work environment.
The Ottawa Community Foundation is a public, charitable organization created by and for the people of Ottawa. As the charity for charities, it leverages philanthropic resources to strengthen and empower the charitable sector in the National Capital Region and beyond. We strive to create a positive, systemic, and sustainable impact by engaging philanthropy, strategic granting, social infrastructure building, and community leadership.
- manages communications requests from all departments at the organization
- drafts produce, and packages communications material that reflects the organization’s vision, themes, priorities, and opportunities
- maintains social media/diversity calendar(s) in alignment with OCF’s brand
- implements website updates, including editing content and publishing new posts
- assists in designing, producing, and updating as required the organization’s publications and materials (e.g., Annual Report, newsletters, advertisements, presentations)
- coordinates with external suppliers for communications-related needs
- provides support for stakeholder panels, presentations, or other public events
- Substantive experience in leading or supporting client-centric projects with clear outcomes related to communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with social media platforms and related applications (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Hootsuite), and WordPress
- Experience with creating PowerPoint presentations and using graphic design platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and take initiative under tight deadlines
- Research and analytical skills to improve knowledge and best practices for stakeholder engagement
- Bilingual in English and French (written and oral)
- Residing in the National Capital Region
- Experience working in a social impact organization, such as a non-profit, charity, community organization, or social enterprise.
- Understanding and knowledge of the philanthropic sector