Automotive Embedded Jobs in Canada, Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions, and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Qualification B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science
Employment Type Full Time
Work Hours 8 Hours
Salary CAD 45 To CAD 52 Per Hour
Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5K 0A2
This is what you’ll do:
- Bring up new boards, integrating the base software operating system and drivers to enable the foundation of the vehicle application software
- Design, develop and deploy embedded software for applications including alarms, occupancy detection, chimes, and over-the-air update (OTA)
- Collaborate with the hardware team on the overall design, schematics, and hardware validation
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Charging, Body Controls, Infotainment, and Vehicle Dynamics
This is what you’ll need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Embedded software development and optimization.
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming.
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs.
- High-performance processors and platforms such as ARM, ATOM, DSP, FPGA, and GPU.
- Software development on microcontrollers.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from the R&D phase to a product.
- Experience in automotive applications.
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python).
- Safety critical systems (ISO 26262).
- SIL/HIL testing.
- Software security.
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet, SPI, and I2C.
This is where you’ll work:
- Department: Central Gateway Module.
- Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”).
This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security, and preference information.
Rivian may use your Candidate’s Personal Data for the purposes of
(i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system.
(ii) carrying out, analyzing, and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background, and reference checks.
(iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you.
(iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations.
(vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud.
(vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate’s Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate’s Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.