CDL Jobs Phoenix, US, Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, the latest camera technology, and GPS navigation.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability, and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a worldwide leader in gases, technologies, and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative, and respectful environment.
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
As the “face of Airgas”, the delivery driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company-provided tractor trailer, straight, or box truck. This position loads unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
In particular, you will:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Load and unload their truck daily with gas cylinders & supplies
- Maintain courteous & professional relationships with customers
- Make deliveries in a timely manner
- Are you a MATCH?
- Valid Class A CDL or B CDL with HAZMAT & Airbrake endorsements
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license, medical card & endorsements
- No more than two (2) traffic convictions: OR two (2) at-fault accidents in the last 3 years; or no more than a combination of one (1) traffic conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years
- No driving while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance within the last seven (7) years
- Must be able to work in a drug-free environment
- Be able to regularly lift 75lbs and move more than 125lbs with the aid of material handling equipment
Your differences enhance our performance
- At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders, and cultures across the world. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success, and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions.
All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record. Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability