Chef Jobs Montreal, We are looking for people with strong kitchen skills, who are looking for new challenges to sharpen their management skills within the hospitality industry, are creative and dynamic, are good at training, have a sense of business, and have a strong work ethic.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef occupies a middle management position within the kitchen department and is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations in both the banquet kitchen and the hotel restaurant.
Food cost management and production control are important to reduce any form of waste. In addition, the sous chef acts as a culinary trainer for all kitchen employees on a daily basis.
|Hiring Organization||Four Seasons Hotel Montreal|
|Post Name||Sous Chef|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 37 To CAD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Z5|
- Act as the main support for department heads by playing a management role in the kitchen;
- Act as an intermediary between the various departments that make up the “Food and Beverage” division as well as with any other hotel service;
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various dishes;
- Propose and develop new creative items for the menu that meet the standards of the Four Seasons brand;
- Manage kitchen employees by scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, and participating in employee hiring;
- Lead and coach the team to enable them to achieve exceptional customer service while ensuring their own job satisfaction;
- Supervise production and orders as well as evaluate the value for money of products on a daily basis;
- Ensure compliance with MAPAQ cleanliness standards;
Foster a safe work environment by enforcing occupational health and safety standards;
Desired qualifications and skills
- MAPAQ certification is required for any position in the kitchen
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both oral and written;
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude;
- Good knowledge of inventory management and food/labor costs ;
- Hands-on management style in the kitchen;
- Excellent knowledge of operations management, including food, beverages, personnel management, inventory, and cleanliness;
- Passionate about food and hospitality;
- Be comfortable moving around a lot and spending long hours on your feet;
- Be available to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed;
- At least two years of experience as Sous Chef in a high-end structured culinary establishment.
- Hold a post-secondary degree from an accredited culinary school, in hotel management or any other related field.
Benefits for you
- Extended health coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drugs, etc.)
- Discounts at MARCUS restaurant and our 5-star spa
- Employee days and events such as Employee of the Month, Years of Service Celebrations, Anniversary Events, and more!
- Free meal per shift in the dining room of our employees (Café 1440)
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid leave: sick days, vacation days, and 2 additional floating holidays per year
- Training, development, and mobility opportunities
Employee Travel Program, including complimentary stays at Four Seasons Worldwide (based on length of service and subject to availability)
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
Related Jobs For You
|Truck Driver Jobs Montreal|
|Babysitting Jobs in Montreal|
|Construction Jobs Montreal|
|Best Research Jobs Montreal, CANADA|
|Best Indeed Part-Time Jobs Montreal|