Construction Jobs in Calgary AB, Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Construction Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the assigned construction project. Including monitoring the construction plan, reviewing invoicing, and ensuring that the work is done in a safe and quality manner. This role will be staffed in the field and will require that the individual perform inspections along the right of way.
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries.
As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing, and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Overall accountability for construction-related performance/contacts on behalf of the company.
- Provide Leadership to Chief Inspectors, Superintendents, etc.
- Ensure that the contractor is implementing their Site Specific Safety Plan
- Oversee the inspection staff to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, codes, standards, regulations, and contractors’ site-specific quality plan/contract.
- Review the contractor’s staffing plan and schedule and verify that the work is being done efficiently and will obtain both the schedule and cost goals.
- Examine contractor staffing levels and equipment allocations to make sure they are consistent with the plan.
- Work with the contractor to ensure that stakeholder and local community commitments are implemented.
- Conduct progress meetings to review and update the construction progress. Report any concerns to the Project Manager.
- Create and foster a positive work environment and a proactive/mature safety culture with the site staff.
- Monitor and evaluate the capability of the site staff and appropriately address performance.
- Achieve the successful execution of the project and all desired outcomes/deliverables.
- Act as the company liaison on the construction and ancillary contracts.
- Review the Construction Contractor’s progress billing.
- Monitor construction and as required influence corrective action with the Contractor or site staff.
- Participate in the ongoing constructability input into project design.
- Coordinate with client’s Field Operations staff when construction interfaces with client’s facilities.
- Records management is associated with construction documentation.
- Enable the Project Manager to acquire the high-pressure piping system(s) Leave Open and successful turnover to Operations.
- Ensure design deviations are properly red lined and drawings are sent to the Project Manager for as-building.
- identify innovation and value creation opportunities related to construction.
- Responsible for accurate validation of various construction-related expenses, e.g. approval of time, expenses, equipment, etc.
- Development of construction execution plans.
- Participation in lessons learned, close-out meeting(s), and inspection of staff performance evaluations.
- 10 years of experience pipelining on the contractor’s side with at least five of that being in a field management role such as General Superintendent.
- Preference is given to Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, etc.); and/or
- Technical Diploma or trade certification in a related field (Electrical/Mechanical Journeyman, Millwright, etc.); and
- Carries a certificate as one of the discipline Engineers, Technicians, Journeyman Red Seal or Specialists designation
- API 1169 certification preferred.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Related Jobs For You
|No Experience Jobs Calgary Part-Time|
|Seasonal Jobs in Calgary|
|HR Jobs in Calgary|
|Pharmacy Technician Jobs Calgary|
|job in Calgary|