Construction Jobs in Canada with Sponsorship
Construction Jobs in Canada – Beamish Construction Inc. is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and leadership to fill the position of Construction Manager for Northern Ontario.
The Construction Manager is an integral position that includes estimating, managing and supervising tack coating and surface treatment operations throughout Northern Ontario.
This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages, bonuses and a benefits package. Physical office/job location can vary depending on the applicant.
- Company Name: Beamish Construction
- Post: Construction Manager
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Any Graduation
- Job Experience: 5 – 10 Year
- Salary: C$70,000 to C$1,00,000 Per Year
- Industry: Private
- Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Working Hours: 8 Hours
- Work Remotely: No
Construction Manager Job Duties and Responsibility for Construction Jobs in Canada:
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating tack coating and surface treatment operations from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates
- Planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitoring progress against established schedules
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Developing and implementing quality control programs
- Preparing progress reports and issuing progress schedules to clients
- Directing the purchase of materials and equipment
- Hiring and supervising the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Reinforce compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Expectations are that the applicant is a self-starter who can assist in the growth of this operation of the Company
Construction Manager Qualification for Construction Jobs in Canada:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in engineering, construction management, or a related field
- Estimating and field experience is an asset
- Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience specifically in tack coating and surface treatment operations
- Minimum 5 years at a managerial level, with experience working within a unionized environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Construction Jobs in Canada:
- Ability to monitor and review complex project budgets and schedules
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, project management and scheduling software, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
- Excellent people skills and strong potential for leadership development
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach
- Strong knowledge and experience operating heavy equipment is required
- Strong working knowledge of construction equipment crews, crushing operations and asphalt plants
- Ability to work out of town and the occasional weekend as required during the summer
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes as dictated by the needs of our customers.
- Abide by and enforce all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
Perks & Benefits for Construction Jobs in Canada:
- Extended health benefits, dental, life insurance, and company pension
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and career development
- Company events
- Competitive salary
- Display confidence during the interview.
- Let the interviewer start the dialogue.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Develop answers in your head before you respond.
- Positive end to the interview is another way to ensure your success.
- guidelines to protect yourself from scams-
- Don’t provide confidential information until you have signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your personal, non-work related information or Bank information over phone or email.
- Do not trust anyone asking for any kind of payment for Job Applications.
- Beware of anyone promising a guaranteed job/interview call.