Construction No Experience Jobs in Chicago, We are looking for individuals that want to learn new skills and progress through our company. In this position, you will Perform general tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, and clean up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Keeps crew vehicles clean and conducts regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Operates equipment, hand tools and lifts heavy items (up to 50 pounds)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in installing telecommunication fixtures, handling cables, conduit, and other materials
- Perform manual labor such as shovel/ broom work, hand digging, trenching, pulling and removing material, job site clean-up, and various tasks associated with utility construction
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- Digging, working with dirt, concrete, rock, grading, tape measures, levels
- Electrical/Telecommunications experience is a Plus
- No Experience Required
- Ability to work in the greater Chicago area
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, pre-access drug and alcohol screenings
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid full driver’s license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
Disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply. Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion, and belonging.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.