Counselling Jobs Sydney, CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is seeking an experienced Counsellor to join our Family, Relationship, and Health program based in Northern Sydney.
To provide high-quality, trauma-informed, time-framed, relationship, family law, and family counseling for individuals, couples, and families. This role is integral to our team and will be supporting clients at our Artarmon and Brookvale centers by providing counseling in person, telehealth, and group work.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay, we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out-of-home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services, and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organization.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith, or disability. Our organization will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
- Tertiary qualifications in counseling, Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or professionally related disciplines.
- Experience in various forms of counseling, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in therapeutic frameworks.
- Experience in group work facilitation with the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations and make sound decisions under pressure.
- NDIS Worker Check and Working with Children Check.
- Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counseling and support; as well as.
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) is to be taken at the end of the year.