Cross Communications Leader Jobs in Dubai, At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell.
To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic Cross Communications Leader to join our team in the UAE. This role focuses on creating integrated campaigns to help position IBM’s brand and reputation locally, aid business growth, and foster positive employee engagement.
The Communications function has an important role to play in helping to achieve IBM’s purpose to create long-term value for our clients and society.
We work with the business to promote our services and solutions, bring our purpose to life for our people and our clients, and build commercial value for IBM in the market. We work with social sectors and local initiatives supporting untapped talent to have access to edge skills through our CSR programs.
As a senior member of the IBM MEA Communications team, the ideal candidate will have experience across all the elements of the PR mix and will be a strategic media advisor, with the gravitas, communications, and advisory skills to counsel and profile senior stakeholders on strategic communications priorities. The individual is confident, skilled, and adept at counseling senior leaders, and managing complexity independently.
This role requires creativity, thought leadership, and a seasoned storyteller, combined with a growth mindset to embrace continuous learning and innovating on approaches.
This position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Create and drive strategic integrated communications campaigns that drive business impact, and momentum and resonate locally.
- Leverage corporate-level themes with IBM priorities to develop a credible voice in the market in support of IBM’s business objectives across the Gulf, Levant, and Pakistan.
- Develop and manage relationships with key journalists, analysts and influencers primarily focused on regional business media. Work closely with regional media to ensure holistic and integrated messaging about IBM’s offerings and services.
- Work closely with the client account teams to increase proactive win announcements and client references to drive a strong position for IBM.
- Identify and pitch local stories to media and influencers, and localize global initiatives.
Develop and leverage relationships with local media, writing media releases, bylines, speeches, and preparatory materials, briefing executive spokespeople, supervising executive interviews, and organizing media events.
- Use creative campaign storytelling techniques on social media to communicate IBM’s client references and executive presence in the region.
- Support internal communications priority projects for Gulf, Levant, and Pakistan on a need basis.
- Manage the local PR agency relationship in the Gulf, Levant, and Pakistan, including maximizing the ROI of investments in agency activities in the region.
- Manage budget, expenses, and business controls properly, and achieve planned targets and results.
- Maintaining strong personal relationships with key media, analysts, and influencers across the region.
- Lead local issues management in close collaboration with the business teams to protect IBM’s reputation in the market
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8-10 years of communications experience from in-house or PR agency roles.
- Advanced media relations skills and ability to draft clear, concise, and high-quality media materials.
- Very strong written and spoken English and Arabic capabilities are essential.
- Ability to work with media contacts in client organizations.
- Broad understanding of market business, social and cultural issues, and ability to translate
- IBM global themes/messages into locally relevant material.
- Familiarity with information technology, its use in business transformation, and the ITC sector.
- Strong, self-directed project management.
- Familiarity with working in a global matrixed multi-cultural enterprise will be a significant advantage.
- Business Communications, Public Relations or Journalism qualifications preferred.
Related Jobs For You
|PHD. Jobs in Ajman|
|Teaching Jobs in Ajman|
|Urgent Jobs in Ajman|
|Jobs in Ajman For Freshers|
|Jobs For Females in Ajman|