Culinary Jobs Immediately Hiring In Chicago, The Culinary Director will act as support for all culinary services. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for providing field leadership of current & new culinary initiatives. Through regular contact, active listening, and timely addressing of any issues,concerns, or problems, he/she will establish and maintain effective communication with unit leaders and District Managers. Provide training and guidance needed in day-to-day field operations and personnel development.
Quest Food Management Services, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service, food service management company located in Lombard, Illinois with annual sales of over $65 million. Founded in,
Quest has served schools (elementary, middle, high schools, and college/universities) throughout Chicagoland guided by its mission to provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness, and intensely personal service.
It has been Quest’s team members who have been the cornerstone of our growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect, and excellence.
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily support of recipe adherence to improve unit operations, and waste reduction to maximize overall profitability.
- Constant training and support of new and exciting concepts retail programs and culinary systems.
- Maintain all SOP standards and HACCP standards.
- Lead culinary training with culinary leaders and team members.
- Support in new business development & presentations.
- Development and implementation of menus and merchandising standards.
- Serve as a liaison to Sr. Culinary Director, Operations, and Marketing groups.
- Own the training process of internal recipes and menu prototype development.
- Support innovation of new products and program development in conjunction with existing culinary leaders.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of food service industry management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Contract food management experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to travel to work sites within Quest portfolio.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong culinary skills with a desired hands-on approach.
- 80% field based.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time, and develop work plans to accomplish tasks and/or projects.
- Ability to analyze data and make process improvement recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship management and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently communicate a clear understanding of internal and external customer expectations and adapt as appropriate to exceed their needs.
- Proven ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Sound decision-making skills.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!