Customer Service Jobs Chicago, Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, this position will require you to work remotely from your home with the flexibility to return to a regular, in-office work environment.
As we continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and state officials there may be times you would need to report to the office on a monthly or quarterly basis for team meetings or engagement activities.
As a Customer Care Representative, you will act as a trusted advisor and educator on healthcare-related inquiries. You will guide our customers to a better healthcare experience, working every day to make healthcare easy through the service you provide. If you want to be a part of this exciting team, make a difference in someone’s life and help make healthcare easy, apply today!
How you will make an impact:
- From the moment you log in, you’ll be focused on proactively resolving our member’s and/or providers’ questions and concerns using computer-based resources to find answers.
- You will guide members and providers with their healthcare needs by explaining benefits, solving claim concerns, and helping find a doctor via telephone calls, online chats, or e-mails.
- You will partner internally to create a seamless experience for our customers and resolve potential issues.
Here’s what we offer:
- A career path with opportunity for growth
- Ability to obtain your Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or further your education with tuition reimbursement.
- Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, and Basic Life
- 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
- Quarterly incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on performance.
- Requires an HS diploma or equivalent and previous experience or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to work from home with internet access and a quiet and private workspace
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm, possible weekend OT as needed.
- Must reside in the state of Connecticut.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members’ questions at the first point of contact.
- A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative solutions to address and resolve customers’ questions, issues, or concerns.
- A composed individual able to multi-task, navigate multiple computer applications and work efficiently while communicating and serving the customer.
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things like being on time and available to meet members’ needs, being accountable for commitments made to customers or others, and ensuring follow-ups are completed.
- Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing customer and business needs.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.
ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.