What’s The Job?
Data Engineer Jobs in UK, As a Data Engineer at Kwalee, you will be connecting data generated by our games, and external sources, to the range of products and services that the Data Science team provides for Kwalee.
|Post Name||Data Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 5694 To GBP 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom CV31 1FQ|
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over a million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops D, Traffic Cop D, and Makeover Studio D.
Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, and Die by the Blade. With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa,
Bangalore, Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines, and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based. Founded by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years.
Our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of the Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What You Will Be Doing
- Building efficient, scalable data pipelines which are the backbone of valuable products and services which Kwalee relies on.
- Leveraging AWS cloud technologies, to deal with huge volumes of data.
- Collaborating with all members of the Data Science team and other key stakeholders to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each process and service.
- Applying a deep knowledge of data warehousing to maximize the productivity of analysts and ETL processes.
- Adopting new or different technologies to the existing data stack.
How You Will Be Doing This
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary, and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly strive for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting-edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work with an extremely experienced, passionate, and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills And Requirements
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL – Redshift.
- Working knowledge of Python for the purposes of automation and data manipulation.
- Proven record of successfully working with big data.
- Varied experience with a range of AWS services such as Kinesis, Redshift, Glue, Lambda, Spectrum, and S3.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and apply them to your work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit-sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary, we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- A dog-friendly office – bring your favorite pooch! (There are dog-free areas too)
- A hybrid model is available depending on the department and the role
- Access to the on-site gym – no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Relocation support available
- VISA Sponsorship available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days – work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table, and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit, and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment, anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people.
All ages, races, colors, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders, and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun, and exciting.
It makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that makes all the difference.