Amazon Jobs in Bristol, UK, Come and build innovative services that protect our cloud from security threats. As an Amazon Security Data Scientist, you’ll help to build and manage services that detect and automate the mitigation of cybersecurity threats across Amazon’s infrastructure. You’ll work with security engineers, software development engineers, and other data scientists across multiple teams to develop innovative security solutions at a massive scale.
Our services protect the AWS cloud for all customers and preserve our customers’ trust in us. You’ll get to use the full power and breadth of AWS technologies to build services that proactively protect every single customer, both internally and externally, from security threats – not many teams can say that!
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. The team has a mix of experience levels, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers, data scientists, and managers truly enjoy mentoring junior engineers, junior data scientists, and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.We care about your career growth. We assign projects and tasks based on what will help team members develop into more well-rounded data scientists and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a cool service, but we also believe a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we cultivate every day.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers. We want someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
- BS degree and 6 years of relevant experience or MS degree and 4 years of experience
- Hands-on professional experience with applying machine learning and other data science techniques to mitigate threats at scale in a production environment
- 2+ years of work experience in applying data science to physical security, network security, or fraud-related problems
- Industry experience using database languages, such as SQL, and common data science software development and statistical analysis tools (e.g., Python, R, Scikit-learn)
- Demonstrated technical leadership in data science and/or machine learning (e.g., tech lead, data science leader, led analytic development effort, etc.)
- Experience leading and coaching junior data scientists to improve their skills and effectiveness
- MS or Ph.D. in a STEM field
- Experience extracting large sets of data, and designing ETL flows
- Experience designing and deploying large-scale analytic processing solutions using Spark, Scala, etc.
- Strong sense of ownership combined with a collaborative approach to overcoming challenges and influencing organizational change