Diploma Jobs in Calgary Alberta, Print photos and produce in-lab products at mini-lab. Assist members in ordering photo lab items, and processing register transactions. Take ID pictures. Refill equipment, including mixing and handling of chemicals. Stock supplies. Do maintenance on equipment. Maintain safety and cleanliness of the lab.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist members with placing orders and provide prompt and courteous member service.
- Drive the “top-line”. With the help of Benchmarks, sell, cross-sell, and up-sell all photo Lab items to members.
- Ring up orders. Receive accurate payments, make changes, process cheques, and credit and debit charges according to proper procedures for paperwork and performance of duties.
- Run and plot control strips and perform quality control prior to any production. Print and make adjustments to photos on the printer(s) and make CD/DVD on the burner, check the screen to monitor progress, and follow standards for quality and consistency of product. Load paper and mix chemistry according to proper procedures. Produce any in-lab products.
- Package finished photo and/or products, file under member last name initial for pick-up.
- Prepare and process Ink Refill orders, where available.
- Take ID photos in a professional manner, and assist members to pose for the picture. Produce the ID photo according to specifications.
- Handle all out-lab products according to proper procedures.
- Monitor and maintain documentation for the silver recovery process and send off samples for analysis in a timely manner, change the silver recovery columns and prepare them for shipping.
- Stock department supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and coordinate repairs.
- Clean department by spraying, wiping, and mopping. Empty trash, operate trash compactor, and cardboard bailer.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess):
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: None.
- Experience: Candidates with photo development or photographic experience will be given preference over other candidates.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must pass the following tests; Colour (2), Windows proficiency, and Photographic and Digital knowledge.