About the Calgary Stampede!
Education Coordinator Jobs In Canada, The Calgary Stampede is a not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes our western heritage, cultures, and community spirit with a vision to create a world-class, year-round gathering place for the community.
Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together, the Stampede is one of the most respected volunteer-based organizations in the world governed by a Board of Directors with over 2,500 passionate volunteers and 1,200 year-round employees.
As an organization that exists for the benefit of the community, inclusion, and equity are woven into our core values of western hospitality, pride of place, integrity, and commitment to the community.
The world-class, year-round gathering place we have built for the community also welcomes visitors from around the world and those who are new to the local community. We know that blending diverse cultures with our long-standing traditions makes community spirit thrive.
|Hiring Organization||Calgary Stampede|
|Post Name||Education Coordinator|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Education|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 4000 To CAD 4500 Per Month|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3R 1R8|
Calgary Stampede Foundation
The Calgary Stampede Foundation provides young people with opportunities to discover and pursue their passions through programs like The Young Canadians School of Performing Arts, Calgary Stampede Showband, Band of Outriders, and Calgary Stampede Show riders.
These programs teach valuable skills and allow the opportunity to perform around the world. The Stampede’s state-of-the-art Youth Campus offers best practice learning, training, and performing facilities for these programs.
The Stampede School Education Coordinator is a member of the Calgary Stampede Foundation Youth Achievement Team. The Education Coordinator specializes in the delivery of the Campus Calgary Open Minds – Stampede School program and is responsible for developing connections with participating teachers to establish curriculum outcomes in an inquiry-based learning environment.
This program creates engaged thinkers and community-minded citizens, empowered to make a positive impact on the world around them. The position offers the opportunity to be part of a one-of-a-kind organization developing strong youth that will build stronger communities.
The Calgary Stampede is committed to hiring the best educational talent. This limited-term full-time position consists of approximately 75% of the time on instruction and 25% on preparation, design, and development.
The role provides professional development and leadership opportunities, a variety of unique projects, program design experience, connections to the education and broader community, and the opportunity to impact students and teachers across the city.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Manager, Community Learning & Engagement, the Education Coordinator is a member of the Calgary Stampede Youth Achievement Team. The Education Coordinator is responsible for the overall Stampede School program, including instruction, educational design, stakeholder relationships, team coordination, and program development.
- Passion for community-based learning, holistic student development through fostering open conversations and critical thinking in students
- A continuous and lifelong learner, keeping informed about current and historical information about the Calgary Stampede.
- Creative and entrepreneurial, energized to create or catch a vision and bring it to life
- Values working with partners to advance opportunities for students and the community
- Motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment with guest speakers, sponsors, educators, volunteers, and staff
- Collaborative and communicative integrates ideas and build consensus to find solutions
- Tenacity, enthusiasm, drive for results, and continuous improvement
- Enjoys a variety of projects, and can prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Has a learner-centered, community-focused, progressive approach to education
- Curious and love sharing that curiosity with young people
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Design & Delivery
- Design and enthusiastically deliver curriculum-aligned interdisciplinary educational programming focusing on the Calgary Stampede.
- Create an engaging and interactive learning environment, fostering curiosity, critical thinking, and meaningful connections, preparing youth as community-minded citizens
- Day-to-day presentation and delivery of Calgary Stampede Foundation education programs.
- Engage all participants including; students, teachers, and parent volunteers.
- On a class-by-class basis work to establish specific program goals and outcomes in connection with the Alberta education curriculum.
- Ensure safety and well-being of students, teachers, parent volunteers, and presenters
- Innovative program and curriculum design, developing educational strategies to enrich student learning, engagement, long-term impact, and community connection
- Establish and implement ongoing program evaluation and improvement processes, utilizing community collaboration and focusing on delivering a best practice learning environment
Leadership & Coordination
- Nurture positive relationships with Campus Calgary, guest experts, teachers, principals, students, volunteers, sponsors, donors, and other key stakeholders in the community
- Strategically utilizing facilitators and guest experts to ensure curriculum alignment and unique experiences while providing overarching leadership and direction.
- Giving and receiving feedback from fellow coordinators to improve practices
- Scheduling of classes, application Review, and selection based on program objectives
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the educational programs helping to root the Stampede’s education programs as leaders in the community
- Develop and deliver teacher workshops in collaboration with the Education Team
- With support from the education team, lead the database management, website content development, reporting, creation of program materials, and participant communications
- Budget accountability and maximization
- Bachelor of Education, or related experience with 5-7 years in education or non-profit field.
- Experience working with elementary and middle school-aged students is required
- Knowledge of the Calgary Stampede and connections to agriculture and history is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with community-based learning environments, and a solid understanding of the Alberta Education programs of study
- Proven experience coordinating key stakeholder groups for the purpose of educational design, development, and implementation
- Knowledge of an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning is an asset
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills, with a high level of comfort when speaking to students, educators, school administrators, sponsors, and partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook ad Explorer, and Apple products, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Office, classroom, and field school environment including the broader Stampede Park.
- Repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements, occasional lifting up to 20 lbs, squatting, bending and reaching, stair climbing, sitting for long periods of time, exposure to dust, fumes, and animal dander.
- Being outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Related Jobs For You
|Brokerage Job In Toronto Canada|
|Part-Time Online Jobs Canada|
|Events Job In ON Canada|
|Part-Time Work From Home Jobs Canada|
|Communication Job In Canada Toronto|