Engineer Job In Toronto ON, Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop a complete technical Scope of Work for rolling stock renovation and overhaul projects based on customer technical specifications and train system requirements specifications.
- Perform 3D models, design annotations, Bill of Materials, and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, expertise rules, and processes:
- Realize stack-up analysis; Review drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and document Mechanical Design Reviews, internal and external (customer).
- Schedule of Mechanical activities and deliverables assigned, in compliance with quality and project master schedule;
- Designing products taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc), regarding mechanical, electrical integration, or piping integrations
- Reporting on Mechanical activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments;
- Conduct engineering studies and prepare or lead the preparation of specifications for both internal and external presentations.
- Maintain and monitor written lists of open issues relating to the assigned work packages/tasks that need to be resolved, the related dates, and the status.
- Provide technical support to production teams and customers.
- Check supplier’s and sub-contractor Design Quality
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience (Essential Functions)
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering or two years in Railway, rail car product e.g. locomotives, rail passenger cars.
- Knowledge of metallic materials (physical properties and design), and industrial processes (welding, bending, machining). Must be familiar with welding codes AWS.
- Required work experience in Catia v5 (at least 3+ years full time or <5000 hours).
- Preferred work experience in PDM / PLM (Enovia-DMA, 3DCom)
- Preferred experience in overhaul projects and reverse engineering.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills including teamwork;
- Time management and reporting skills; Sense of urgency/priority.
- Structured and organized with a Hands-on approach;
Working Conditions (Industrial/Environmental)
On-site office work and technical assistance to the shop floor and industrial team. Remote work could be required
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people is offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.