Engineering Jobs in Canada For Foreigners, We need someone to provide expert advice, research, analysis, and design of test plans, related strategies, and test processes that are appropriate to the application, solution, project, and/or business unit. As part of this role, you’ll be involved in moderate to highly complex projects. Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
The Quality Engineering (QE) Practice is an enterprise function that brings together the Quality and Testing, and Release Management professionals from across the bank that support delivery. In addition, the Practice has accountability for IT Governance and Operational Support. The Practice aims to engineer for end-to-end quality outcomes from the start, innovating to deliver efficiently and drive legendary customer and colleague experiences as well as accelerate the talent, skills, and capabilities of our people to ensure we deliver superior quality work.
Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead test planning, preparation, and execution activities.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Be responsible for all project/ release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Coordinate testing planning, and support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Lead documentation creation, review, and sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria, and gating).
- Apply risk analysis methodologies, and tools that align with a project’s development approach.
- Prioritize testing tasks, and ensure milestones, activities, and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure the team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), and meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, and testing. report on test planning, execution, and defects to the project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Lead relationships with the project team, offshore teams, release teams, third parties, and clients.
- Build, and maintain test environments. monitor, troubleshoot, triage, and resolve issues.
- Coordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades, and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored on the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities, and artifacts, ensuring they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, and address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, and recommend solutions.
- Track financials.
- Identify, and track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, and maintain virtualized services, components, and environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
What can you bring to TD?
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks.
- Expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices, and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance, and data management methodologies).
- Proficiency in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Talent in testing risks within projects and recommending ways to mitigate them.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness, and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.