Entry Level Jobs in Vancouver BC, We are looking for a talented individual to join our Playland Maintenance Team and play a key role in Playland operations. The Entry Level Technician will complete general labor tasks, assist with ride repairs and support set up and tear down of the Playland grounds, rides, and attractions. General labor duties can include cleaning, gardening, painting, and carpentry in addition to operating mobile equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, and zoom booms. This is a great opportunity to develop skills in multiple areas.
Who we are
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This110-year-old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15-day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year,
Playland amusement park welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, and cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience, and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence, and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees, or the community.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and team-focused culture.
- Flexible work environment.
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues.
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more.
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- Competitive compensation package.
What will you do this year?
In your role as an Entry Level Technician, your primary accountabilities will be to:
- Provide services for general labor: cleaning, gardening, painting, and carpentry.
- Complete daily timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Operate mobile equipment as required (forklifts, scissor lifts, zoom booms).
- Complete daily ride and vehicle inspections and report all deficiencies found.
- Conduct basic repairs to rides and attractions under supervision and assist higher-level Technicians with more complex repairs.
- Assist with set up and tear down of rides, attractions, and grounds.
- Develop various skill sets in multiple areas.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have 1-2 years of general mechanical experience.
- Must have experience performing general labor duties.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and provide an up-to-date Driver’s Abstract confirming a clean driving record.
- Must be capable of working at heights (up to 250 feet), working in awkward positions and lifting heavy equipment, and have CSA-approved steel-toed boots.
- Must be capable of understanding and executing written and oral English instructions and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work various rotating shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A valid forklift operator’s license is preferred.
- Fall Protection Training and/or Propane Filling Certificate is considered an asset.
- Occupational First Aid Level II is considered an asset.
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Mechanically inclined
- A handyperson
- Team player
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs In Vancouver For Foreigners|
|Electrician Jobs Vancouver|
|Data Analyst Jobs Vancouver|
|Production Assistant Jobs Vancouver|
|Weekend Part-Time Jobs Vancouver|