Farm Jobs in USA, To help “Color The World” and bring excitement in the world of flowers to our customers, this key Grower position supports the breeding, product development, and culture research staff by producing and maintaining quality plant material for research trials and marketing events, while keeping the facility clean and operating efficiently.
This position is responsible for the plant health and quality of crops in assigned zones and will focus on watering, fertilizing, media testing, cutting stock maintenance, as well as the monitoring and treatment of pests and diseases in those assigned crops. The position includes strong participation in the facility’s Integrated Pest Management program and includes crop scouting and general pesticide applications.
|Hiring Organization||Ball Horticultural Company|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Arroyo Grande, California, United States 93420|
- Learning and following greenhouse sanitation and safety policies, processes, and procedures to ensure all plant material and work areas are safe and sanitary for research.
- Assist in all aspects of growing plants for breeding, research trials, and marketing events, including watering, fertilizing, spraying, PGR applications, and plant movement.
- Identify pests and/or disease problems and recommend appropriate corrective measures to the Head Grower.
- Assist with assembling, filling, and setting out containers used in propagation and transplanting.
- Performing general computer data entry to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Participate in the weekend and holiday watering schedule.
- Previous greenhouse or nursery experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have manual dexterity for harvesting and propagating
- Ability to speak and understand common English words used in the greenhouse and office needed.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams
- Positive attitude and the willingness to take direction and learn
Growers will work inside greenhouses and outside in fields and must be able to tolerate working in hot, cold, humid, wet, and windy conditions. Additional physical requirements include standing for long periods of time, stooping, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting, and lifting and carrying materials weighing up to fifty pounds.
Related Jobs For You
|Amazon Warehouse Jobs Fort Worth, USA|
|Part-Time School Bus Driver, USA|
|Software Engineer Jobs In California, USA|
|Welding Jobs Fort Worth, USA|
|Amazon Careers Dallas, USA|