Finance Jobs in Calgary AB, Joining Suncor means you will work for one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive and lead. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise.
Do you have strong reporting and analytical skills combined with the ability to summarize data and extract a concise message?
You will provide performance analysis, stewardship, and enterprise planning, as well as drive cost and finance process improvement. We’re looking for a new team member with exceptional critical thinking skills who take pride in their work!
- Six years of relevant financial and analytical experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or economics, or other relevant education.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of Excel Working knowledge of database software (SAP, Prism, BEX, BW, Peoplesoft, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- An adaptable mindset with the ability to balance competing priorities and produce high-quality deliverables under tight timelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge about the systems, processes, and reporting practices, in order to understand and apply a broader business and stewardship view.
- Build monthly performance analysis, stewardship reporting, and support for key financial processes.
- Guide the business through month-end results, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning.
- Help coach cost center owners in understanding their role and the use of the financial information and performance metrics
- Develop an understanding of the overall financial picture and key business drivers and challenges across the business.
- Steward financial progress on discrete programs and initiatives.
- Identify and participate in performance improvement projects and develop key metrics.
Location and other Key Details:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday.
- Our business professional roles follow internal compensation guidelines and the pay band will generally be based on years of experience and scope of work.
Our operations include oil sands development and upgrading, conventional and offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and our product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our renewable energy portfolio includes investments in four operating wind farms and the operation of an ethanol plant. And our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business.
With a strong strategy for growth and our long-standing approach to sustainability, operational excellence, capital discipline, and technology and innovation, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career. We offer rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions – all of which mean tremendous potential for your future. We are focused on deepening our commitment to inclusion and diversity and creating a respectful workplace.