Food Service Jobs in Calgary AB, Prepares and sells food and drinks to customers. Pulls and stocks supplies and ingredients clean kitchen area and eating area. Provides prompt and courteous member service.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepares hot food. Rolls, shapes, add toppings or fillings, and baked items, such as pizzas. Slices pizza, and puts baked items in warmer. Steams hot dogs and buns operate deep fryers.
- Rings up sales collects money, and makes a change. Places whole pizza orders from members at the counter and on the phone. Assembles and presents orders to customers. Uses tongs to pick up hot food items. Follows department production and cash handling procedures and standards. Provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Dispenses dessert and drink items such as frozen yogurt, lattes, smoothies, etc. Cleans, sanitizes, services, and refills dispensing machines.
- Maintains self-serve pop area, condiment table, and eating area. Busses, cleans, and sanitizes tables, sweeps and mops floors, and empties trash.
- Cleans and sanitizes the machines, work surfaces, floors, pans, utensils, and counters. Takes garbage to trash compactor and operates compactor. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Pulls ingredients and supplies from the warehouse. Stocks large volume ingredients to shelves, cooler, and freezer. Stages ingredients to preparation area and refills dispensing machines. Complies with health codes, such as sanitation, temperatures, product rotation, and expiration dates.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess):
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required the first day in the position.
- Experience: None.
- Knowledge/Skills: None.