Full Time Jobs Winnipeg MB, As a UI Designer, you will join TG’s Content Pipeline team and work to modernize the way artists work across Ubisoft.
You’ll be responsible for designing interactive elements of tools, ensuring consistency, accessibility, and professional design quality on an ecosystem of products that facilitate the tasks of content creators: crafting internal tools that allow them to manipulate, track, archive, share, and reuse assets. You’ll see to it that your deliverables are aligned with UX recommendations and are optimized to facilitate the work of the development community that will implement them.
What you’ll do
- Guide development teams on UI best practices by reinforcing a user-friendly design process
- Work closely with user experience and research specialists, developers, product managers, and other project stakeholders
- Design and iterate on low and high-fidelity mock-ups that respect UX recommendations and technical constraints
- Design interactive prototypes required for user testing and validation of solutions
- Effectively communicate the style guide, user flow, and interactions to the development team and monitor the quality of the UI implementation
- Participate in the creation of our design system and its development on different platforms
- Help improve our design culture and methodologies within the team and Ubisoft
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
- Around 3 years of UI design experience (or other relevant experience)
- Understanding the user-centered design process
- A background in design, interaction design, multimedia, or UX (or in another related field)
- Good knowledge of Figma and the Adobe suite
- A collaborative spirit and the ability to facilitate cooperation
- Organizational skills and proactivity
- Consideration for technical and UX challenges on web and native platforms
- A keen eye for detail + an appreciation for quality in design, composition, and implementation
About the Technology Group (TG)
At the TG, we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: to develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlights your experience, skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A portfolio of products that showcase your UI design skills
- A real-live person will review your application, in this case, Sheena!
- This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.