Full-Time Scheduler Job In Toronto, Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
- Deputy of the PrPM, responsible to build and update in the scheduling tool the project schedule (internal or customer schedule), according to inputs of the PrPM, in order to manage efficiently the time commitments of the project (tender, contract, or program).
- Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule,
- Include in the project schedule the interfaces with the partners and the Customer,
- Deliver on time all scheduled deliverables down to the requested level,
- Build the project schedule based on internal standard WBS, contractual targets, and data provided by the PrPM,
- Contribute with the PrPM to Earned Value Management,
- Perform schedule analysis to identify gaps or schedule issues
- Participate in periodic project schedule sessions
- Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
- Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status of risks and margin related to schedule
- Prepare schedule and progress reports for Customers Lead Units or Partners,
- Apply the Project Scheduling Process,
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, and schedule templates.
- On-time delivery of all deliverables requested to fulfill within the JDP (Joint Development Phase)
- On-time delivery of schedule analysis for decisions by the Project Team: critical paths for main milestones, planning risks, standard metrics measuring schedule robustness
- List of potential gaps between project schedule defined in tender and Platform Reference Library schedule
- Baseline approved (internally and by the Customer)
- Regular and consistent scheduling updates, with potential delays in analysis
- Standard metrics measuring schedule robustness (PSI)
- Mandatory: Engineering degree
- Desirable: Master of Business Administration or in Engineering
- Mandatory: Project scheduling
- Desirable: Knowledge of different scheduling tools
Competencies & Skills
- Basic overall knowledge of railway products and systems
- Agility to juggle schedules simulations and various scenarios
- Rigorous, structured, and sense of anticipation
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker, multi-tasking mode
- Comfortable in an international and multicultural environment.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people is offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.