Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products.
The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with a team of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists, and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Master’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).