About the Role
Health Care Aide Jobs In Calgary, With a passion for care towards residents, families, and team members, the Health Care Aide is accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families, and volunteers within their designated scope of practice.
The Health Care Aide demonstrates responsiveness to the holistic needs of residents by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting choices, maintaining dignity, and facilitating resident independence.
|Hiring Organization||Bethany Care Society (Corporate Services)|
|Post Name||Health Care Aide|
|Qualification||Grade 10 education|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 3000 To CAD 3200 Per Month|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2B 2W6|
For 75 years, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health, and community services that honor their spirit and individuality.
We are looking for individuals who want to feel connected to their community in a person-centered organization. Bethany has consecutively won Top Employer, 13 years in a row for the programs we invest in for our employees.
Bethany offers top-up for parental leaves, generous vacation and leaves time, competitive salaries, benefits, and retirement savings programs. We are committed to employee well-being and giving back to our community. We invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the resident’s needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies, and procedures. Assists residents with all activities of daily living as required, while maintaining the resident’s privacy and dignity.
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents and reports care and related observations to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in a timely manner. Monitors observe and documents residents’ holistic needs in the health care record, including the physical, psychological, spiritual, social, and emotional well-being of the resident.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team, and the self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all residents, occupational health and safety, and emergency preparedness and response policies and procedures.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member. Participates with other interdisciplinary team members in evaluating and changing the documented care needs of residents.
What You Bring
- Grade 10 education and Government of Alberta approved Health Care Aide certificate
- Registered with the Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Directory
- Previous Health Care Aide experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication, and problem-solving skills