Heb Jobs San Antonio Tx, H-E-B Manufacturing’s goal is to achieve superior self-manufactured products through high-quality, low-cost products and services. We are committed to the growth, development, and training of our Partners, while continually achieving superior levels of service.
As a Project Engineering Manager III, you’ll manage multiple concurrent projects ranging in value up to $10M, while leveraging our engineering workflow process (EWP). You may also serve any role on a large capital project as assigned.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner of the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. “Partnerowned” means our most important resources—People—drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service, and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace, and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program, and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Do you have a
HEART FOR PEOPLE… ability to lead / influence stakeholders?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… expertise to collaborate with / leading technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to champion a strategic financial perspective that entails H-E-B’s success, external market forces, competitors, and customers.
We are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar field; significant technical experience in a manufacturing environment may be acceptable
- 6 years of experience in manufacturing, reliability, continuous improvement, systems engineering, controls engineering, and/or industrial engineering practices
- Experience leading project teams
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills
What is the work
- Manages all aspects of engineering projects from feasibility through start-up for new equipment, processes, procedures, and systems, including scoping, financial assessment, and project handoff/support
- Develops, manages, and leads the implementation of one or more capital projects (scope, timing, cost); focuses on process improvements, innovation, new processing lines, production facilities, and productivity/capacity improvements
- Develops project charters; ensures project objectives, scope, rationale, and success criteria are adequately defined, documented, and approved in writing by key stakeholders prior to commencement of work and budget expenditures
- Plans / manages project budgets and detailed cash flow with an estimation of project final cost
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure shared goals are met; engages with senior leadership on project updates, reporting
- Defines roles, responsibilities, goals, and deliverables for core team / extended team members; with oversight from Director and Senior Project Managers, identifies needs and negotiates with functional managers for adequate project team staffing
- Facilitates creation of a bottom-up/top-down project schedule and budget; continually monitors/maintains/revises project schedules
- Leads project teams to manage risks (schedule, budget, technical performance) through contingency planning; maintains program budgets and schedules
- Resolves conflicting objectives/goals through collaborative communication
- Determines/agrees on project needs (e.g., project type, schedule, budget, special quality requirements)
- Assembles/manages project team, including H-E-B Partners and external consultants
- Develops / negotiates / implements / administers contracts
- Monitors project progress and quality; direct activities of internal/external Partners and vendors
- Prepares project status reports; keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status / related issues
- Applies change management principles/communication tools to manage scope adjustments; ensures changes are consistent with overall strategy, project charter’s objectives, timing, and budget
- Responsible for SOP documentation, training, communication, observation program, and standards manuals
- Coordinates with other functional disciplines (architectural, MEPR, civil, landscape, structural, etc.) for integration with current manufacturing standards, QA, Operations, and regulatory agencies
- Reads/reviews construction documents for accuracy and content; edits/revises drawings, manually, electronically
- Researches / develops/proposes appropriate new project applications
- Assists in facility layout planning/design
- Executes studies to feed into plant capital plans
- Executes continuous improvement initiatives as assigned
- Develops tools/templates that feed EWP
What is your background
- 6+ years of experience executing a technical role in food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, personal care, or similar industry
- Experience coordinating diverse external partners (engineering consultants, equipment vendors, installation partners)
- Experience successfully integrating with current manufacturing standards, QA, Operations, and regulatory agencies
- Experience in PM, continuous improvement, reliability, systems engineering, and/or similar role − Experience working in manufacturing environments
- Experience with AutoCAD products (preferred)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Project Engineering Manager III at H-E-B?
- Expertise in MS Office applications
- Advanced project management, process, and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Strong PC skills − Ability to collaboratively lead / influence stakeholders cross-functionally
- Ability to oversee multiple industrial projects in various locations