Hotel Office Work Job In Toronto, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 47 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator, Corporate Public Relations. Working in the fast-paced, dynamic environment of Four Seasons global head headquarters, the role of Coordinator, Corporate Public Relations offers the opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse team that drives insight-driven consumer PR strategy for one of the world’s leading luxury and hospitality brands.
The Coordinator, Corporate Public Relations will gain exposure to Four Seasons global operations and collaborate with other marketing functions across the commercial organization. The coordinator will contribute to the deployment of innovative and agile earned PR and media relations initiatives on behalf of Four Seasons, including the development of press releases, and media materials and supporting industry-leading global media events.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and creative writer with a passion for the value of PR in driving earned brand awareness and preference among key audiences and increasing competitive Share of Voice. They should possess both a creative and analytical mindset, be positive, flexible, and a self-starter – open to new challenges and a strong team player. A keen eye for detail, ability to work under extremely tight deadlines, and strong project management skills are essential.
Corporate Public Relations
- Support the implementation of innovative consumer PR strategies that build brand preference through earned Tier 1 media coverage and advance leadership in Share of Voice (SOV) and Share of Prominence (SOP)
- Partner with the broader Corporate PR team to leverage agency partners and support timely and relevant PR strategies that tap into trending themes
- Participate in a bi-weekly global agency call to connect and understand the current media landscape in key markets, align on brand pitching priorities and facilitate corporate updates
- Coordinate monthly media market insight updates and editorial calendar updates by agency partners
- Support the development of strategic PR proposals and presentations.
Media and Influencer Relations
- Maintain Tier 1 global media lists, including social media handles of prominent media outlets, brokering regular updates by the global agency network and media monitoring partner (Cision)
- Coordinate with agencies and earned media partners to address queries and facilitate fact-checking (across traditional, digital, and social)
- Review influencer contracts, creative briefs, and proposed content in collaboration with the corporate social media team, as required
- Field and respond to media requests and influencer inquiries, providing recommendations on opportunities received
Writing and Content Development
- Develop Corporate PR media materials inclusive of press releases, key messages, Q&A documents, and global roundup pitches, securing approvals as needed
- Craft spokesperson interview responses for global brand initiatives and coordinate approval process to meet journalist deadlines
- Craft Corporate PR communications for the field
Global Brand and Media Events
- Support the project management of partner PR agency deliverables (liaison, logistics, budget, and execution)
- Support the development of strategic event narratives and concepts
- On-the-ground event support
- Coordination of post-event results reporting
Performance Measurement, Analytics, and Reporting
- Support the Director, Corporate Public Relations with brand media monitoring vendor relationship
- Coordinate monthly PR agency performance tracking and reporting, including YOY performance analysis
- Support PR Impact (hotel PR performance scorecard) monthly reporting, in collaboration with Area PR, leads, and the Global Analytics team
- Coordinate the PR recap report process for global brand initiatives, capturing agency-generated PR results according to defined KPIs
- Work with a primary PR agency to coordinate weekly coverage highlights reporting
Corporate PR Tools and Best Practice Resources
- Support the maintenance and optimization of the internal PR and Social Media digital hub and associated newsletter, to ensure ongoing relevance as a resource to the Corporate team and community of property PR Directors across the portfolio.
- Support the development and maintenance of PR best practice resources (property guides and toolkits) in collaboration with Area PR leads, senior PRDs, and agency partners
Press Room, PR Newswire and New Openings
- The coordinate upload process for Corporate PR announcements with Press Room Manager
- Support ongoing optimization of the Four Seasons Press Room to increase media engagement
- Coordinate all wire distributions for the Corporate PR team
- Support the openings of new hotels, resorts, and residential properties, collaborating with global PR agencies and stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintain a comprehensive new opening PR support guide
- Support the development of PR agency support plans and coordinate timely delivery of new opening global agency recap reports
Experience, Education, and Professional Qualifications
- University or college degree; graduate degree preferred
- Completion of a Public Relations, Marketing Communications, or related degree/certificate program preferred
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in Public Relations or marketing communications role preferably in an agency or corporate environment, including direct engagement with top-tier global media.
- Experience in Public Relations and media relations strategy as part of an integrated marketing communications effort, including influencer relations
- Strong analytical and research skills with an understanding of earned media monitoring tools and PR analytics best practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional technical skills, including superior Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, and OneDrive skills
- Internet and media savvy (traditional and social)
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Professional gravitas with well-developed relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented with strong project coordination capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines