HR Job In Toronto Canada, Come play a key role in fostering a positive and inclusive culture at Rogers. Our Human Resources department is committed to growing teams across the country that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. We are looking for Human Resource champions committed to improving employee productivity and engagement and who understand the impact of HR in influencing business results.
We believe in challenging work, rewarding opportunities, and giving back to make a positive impact on Canadians who need it most. When our team learns, grows, and reaches their true potential – we can make more possible. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, let’s make it possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? Consider the following opportunity
This role will provide HR Business Partner support to client groups within Technology Operations. The HR Advisor will act as a trusted coach and advisor to leaders including Team Managers, Senior Managers, and Directors, helping them navigate a broad spectrum of human resources issues.
The HR Advisor will also be responsible for providing analytical and project management support on various people-related initiatives. The successful incumbent will contribute to business success through the demonstration of HR knowledge/experience, application, and analysis.
What you will be doing
- Partner with leadership to identify and understand their needs and the needs of their team members in building a high-caliber and highly engaged workforce
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee/labor relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, compensation, and organizational development
- Build strong relationships and credibility with all levels of management
- Through knowledge transfer, coaching, and training, increase the ability of business unit managers and staff to independently action and resolve employee relations issues and facilitate change management
- Work on national HR projects and programs to support the overall Customer Experience and Rogers teams
- Influence and empower leaders to accelerate the growth and development of their teams
- Motivate and support an inclusive and diverse culture
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional colleagues to improve HR practices, process decisions, and programs
- Provide data and analysis to support HR projects and strategy
- Keep current on business and functional knowledge and industry trends; seek out and implement best practices
What you bring
- 3-5 years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably as a generalist
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in business/Human Resources and/or CHRP/CHRL designation and/or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence, lead with trust and empathy, and build strong client relationships with clients
- Ability to diagnose complex employee relations issues
- Comfortable with change and managing tight timelines
- Sound listening, analytical and problem-solving skills to enable the resolution of people-related challenges in a sensitive and diplomatic manner
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite