IBM Jobs in Calgary, Alberta, At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large-scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies.
As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
|Hiring Organization||IBM Canada – Calgary Office|
|Post Name||Business Consultant Associate (Entry Level)|
|Qualification||Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree by the date of employment|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2R 1R9|
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive.
We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills, and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost-effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest-performing delivery centers worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction, and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnerships with universities, government, and private sector groups has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
As a member of our team, you will help IBM clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today’s tough economy.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, a Business Consultant role is for you.
- Have graduated no earlier than 2020, and will be graduating no later than 2022
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree by the date of employment
- Exception: This program does not accept MBA or Ph.D. candidates/graduates
- Have no more than 2 years of full-time professional-related work experience
- Be eligible to work in Canada without current or future needs for visa sponsorship
We have a variety of Business Consultant employment opportunities available at IBM Western Canada CIC including:
Business Analysts deal with big data and analytics to help our clients ensure they are working most effectively by analyzing their processes and procedures to understand problems and find innovative solutions.
Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions. As a Business Analyst, you will also work very closely with the Software Testers.
Business Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
- documenting processes
- Providing proactive, focused attention to assigned clients to help them get maximum value from their IBM solutions
- Document the requirements using Business Analyst tools such as JIRA, confluence, ALM, blueprint, excel
- Identifying business requirements
- Analyzing defects uncovered during the various testing phases and identifying the resolution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Business Consultant Required & Preferred Skills
- You have strong excel skills and enjoy making meaningful evaluations of a given set of data (tables, excel files, etc.)
- You have excellent domain, oral and written communication skills, relationship management, and issue management skills
- You enjoy working in a team environment with team members of diverse background and skill set along with being comfortable working on your own to complete individual assigned tasks
- You enjoy working with the public and have demonstrated excellent customer experience skills
- You will have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and executives
- You have the ability to learn new processes, coach and direct team members
- You enjoy problem-solving and delivering innovative solutions to complex problems that address client needs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Please refer to the job description.
- Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Related Jobs For You