Indeed Jobs Chicago IL, Our investment teams create portfolios of equity securities through collaboration with portfolio managers, analysts, associates, and traders. Our Investment Associates (IAs) focus on a small number of stocks and learn everything they can about those companies.
They build and maintain detailed financial models; work with data sources to build their insight into company fundamentals, and perform many other forms of primary and analytical research to help their team understand each company as thoroughly as possible.
This opportunity is a full-time role within the Citadel Associate Program. The Citadel Associate Program seeks to train and develop junior talent into successful investment professionals on Citadel’s platform.
As a participant in our program, you will experience first-hand long-short equities investing from the inside of one of the world’s most preeminent hedge funds. Participants will learn through instructor-led classroom training and rotations on investment teams.
- The curriculum will focus on key Associate building blocks – basic financial modeling, dissecting a company’s future business prospects, and distinguishing between good and bad businesses and attractive and unattractive investment opportunities, among other areas. It will also provide extensive exposure to Citadel’s best-in-class infrastructure, allowing participants to understand how the right technology investing applications and risk management systems help drive repeatable investing processes and best-in-class performance.
- Investment team rotations will offer the chance to perform bespoke research projects while reporting directly to analysts and portfolio managers across different industry groups.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments, and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
- Apply analytical and research skills to executing an investment process
- Learn smart and efficient financial modeling techniques
- Gain exposure to innovative research tactics including identifying and mining external data sources
- Experience best-in-class research technology and quantitative risk systems
- Strong organization skills to help create and maintain investment team infrastructure
- Desire and ability to learn and apply efficient financial modeling techniques
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to leverage incomplete and imperfect information into a well-formulated thesis
- Skill in utilizing third-party data sets to support or refute pillars of an argument
- Interest in learning and applying new technology applications