IT Jobs in Vancouver British Columbia, We are seeking a motivated, analytical and hardworking individual with a passion for IT. Our ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills. Our IT Assistant will work alongside both internal and external PNE stakeholders to set up, deploy and troubleshoot a variety of devices, networks, and other technical equipment.
Who we are
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $58 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15-day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year,
Playland amusement park welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, and cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience, and being the best, we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence, and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees, or the community.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening
- out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as an IT Assistant, your primary accountabilities will be to:
- Set up and deploy computer desktops, IP addresses, networks, and analog/digital
- Set up and deploy thin client devices throughout the Fairgrounds
- Set up LAN connections including CAT5 cabling for thin clients, printers, POS, and wired
- debit terminals
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve Wi-Fi user connectivity issues, user login issues,
- networks and resolve other requests as needed
- Provide technical guidance to staff and answer help desk inquiries as required
- Deliver and install printers, desktops, monitors, and other equipment as required
- Assist in Fair set-up/take-down and perform other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in or have completed a Computer Science/IT degree or diploma program.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Help desk and 1st line support experience in a Windows network environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues and accurately document the affected solution.
- Setting up Point of Sale systems is an asset.
- Excellent communication abilities and customer service skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write English for the purposes of written and oral instructions, and preparation of work-related documents or reports.
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work well with others and demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem–solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and design optimal process solutions.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to interact with staff and provide assistance and solutions to IT-related issues.
- Ability to multitask, and work in a high-pressure environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs. for the purposes of carrying and installing work-related equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and extended hours during Fair period from August 20 – September 5.
- Successful Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Detail Oriented.
- Skillful communicator.
- Team player.
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs In Vancouver For Foreigners|
|Electrician Jobs Vancouver|
|Data Analyst Jobs Vancouver|
|Production Assistant Jobs Vancouver|
|Weekend Part-Time Jobs Vancouver|