We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As an Accounting Manager at 1Password, you will be a key member of our growing Finance/Accounting team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You will be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in finance with a CPA designation.
- A strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and process improvement skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with inter-company transactions and a multi-currency corporation.
- Advanced expertise with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, experience with NetSuite is considered an asset.
- Experience in the tech industry is considered an asset.
What you can expect
- Perform full cycle month-end close process including preparing journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Reviewing the following month end processes: intangible assets, prepaids, leases, fixed assets, and capitalized commissions.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly flux analysis of the balance sheet and income statement.
- Assist in the review of tasks prepared by senior and intermediate accountants.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes.
- Assist in the research of accounting issues and document the accounting treatment and conclusion.
- Update, maintain, and review accounting memos for assigned accounting areas.
- Assist with the annual statutory audit requirements.
- Assist with the quarterly reviews and annual audit of the consolidated financial statements.
- Create, update, and review documentation around process workflows.
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly financials and reporting for the organization.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $110,000USD and $148,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> Wellness spending account
> Generous PTO policy
> Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> Complimentary Headspace membership
> Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> Retirement matching program
> Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> Paid volunteer days
> Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> Fully remote environment
> Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.