Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is seeking a skilled and organized Administrative Assistant contractor to join our team! This role will involve coordinating travel arrangements, managing itineraries, and ensuring smooth travel experiences for our team members both based in the US and internationally. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented yet efficient with strong communication and organizational skills in order to provide excellent assistance to the executive team in day to day tasks. Additionally, is able to successfully work independently when required and also work professionally across all levels of the business.
This role requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Organization, work ethic, exemplary oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and judgment are key. The ideal Administrative Assistant is a quick study, a fast thinker, a strong writer, a self-starter, and a problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment and is always thinking five steps ahead.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, on-demand study support, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of off-site corporate events both in the US and internationally including:
- Flight and lodging reservations
- Meeting locations and catering
- Creating itineraries for attendees
- Activity planning
- Possible attendance (location dependent) to off-site events as needed
- Ensure plans are communicated and achieved seamlessly
- Assist executive assistants at all levels in supporting the executive team such as calendar management, auditing, and other administrative projects.
- Enable the executive team to focus on the company mission of helping people learn by being proactive with the management of administrative responsibilities ensuring maximum productivity.
- Handle confidential information discreetly and ability to work professionally with employees and contractors in all teams and levels.
- Must be fluent in English.
- 2+ years of assistant, project management, travel coordination, or similar experience required.
- Extremely proactive and self-driven, with the ability to anticipate needs and find solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment capabilities.
- Technically savvy and capable of being productive using a variety of different software programs including Microsoft products, Google products, Apple products, and other systems used by the company.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintaining commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with a team oriented philosophy.
- A “no task too big or small” attitude.
- Ability to embrace change at a moment’s notice, shifting priorities easily and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary
- Fully Remote Position
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- A fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture