AWS Cloud Engineer
Overview ResponsibilitiesRackspace is seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer II focused on cloud deployments to join our team in India.In this role you will be part of the team that architects, implements, and deploys our AWS cloud-based offerings.
Customer Focus: Our Cloud Engineers get to build one-of-a-kind, cutting-edge cloud solutions for some of our top enterprise customers. Our primary focus is to distill confidence in our customers by creating customized solutions and a top-notch customer onboarding experience.
Automation: Customer deployments should be solidly reliable and repeatable. Knowledge of tools like Github, Terraform, and CDK are critical to achieving this goal. If you enjoy writing programmatic solutions to reduce customer turnaround time and your own workload, this team is for you.
- Work with a talented and highly engaged team of Engineers, Relationship Managers and Product Team
- Automatedeployments utilizing custom templates and modules for customer environments on AWS.
- Architect AWS environment best practices and deployment methodologies
- Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and Racker day to day functions
- Educate customers on AWS and Rackspace best practices and architecture
- Ability to configure CloudWatch and Serverless Alerts
- Assist in educational briefings for teammates to advance in technical trainings for continued growth
- Act as an escalation point for our AWS Support Engineers when required
- Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers
- 5-7 years experience as a Deployment engineer.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services Products Services, CloudWatch, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems – experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance
- Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists load balancing
- Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- Working knowledge using CloudFormation and Terraform
- Kubernetes exp. is a plus, as is exp. w/Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge of databases (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Effective with time management and expected deliverables
- An ability to multi-task and work on multiple concurrent projects
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- Ready to work in Night Shift and 24×5 Environment
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas