Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We’re Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it’s really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses – like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others – struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That’s where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench – Copilot – compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $100k – $150k
Equity range: 0.005% – 0.025%
What we are looking for:
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, seek challenging problems and appreciate recogntion for excellent work. As a core engineer you will step into a greenfield opportunity where your efforts will have a massive impact. You will be working on cutting edge tech including highly-performant distributed systems, NLP, firmographic data, entity resolution and much more.
In this role you will work to solve interesting problems at the intersection of large and performant data pipelines, distributed systems, machine learning models, and robust infrastructure. You will be collaborating with a global team of full-stack, data, ML, and DevOps engineers who are considered polyglots, flexing their ability to adapt as we scale.
You’ll be right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Have excellent development skills including design, debugging and problem solving.
- You possess a bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- We primarily use Python3 however are open to seeing your code in other OO languages (Java, C++, C#, etc).
- Experience with AWS as we work with serverless technologies and asynchronous workflow. (EC2, Lambda, etc.)
- Have worked with relational databases with a preference for PostgreSQL
- Love working on distributed systems creating scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure.
- Can build data driven microservices leveraging RESTful API’s.
- Have worked with some of the following tools: Docker, Git, GitHub, Flask, NumPy,Pandas.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- 100% covered PPO medical, 100% covered vision and dental for individuals and families.
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Healthy living/gym stipend. Mobile phone bill stipend.
- Continuing education credits.
- Home office stipend.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Global team offsites.
Kalepa’s team members bring experience from top technology, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Mastercard, and Uber. Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.); former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital; and leaders in financial services and technology, including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas