Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start-up. The WillowTwin™ is a disruptive IoT/Data SaaS that unlocks the true potential of smart buildings and infrastructure. We are writing a new chapter in human history, with unprecedented resource optimisation and management empowered by data.
For the second year in a row (2020 2021), Willow has been ranked in Linked In’s Australian “Top 25 Start-ups”. You will be joining a team of performance-driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our ‘Willow World’ is fast-paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Summary of Role:
In this Civil Infrastructure Technician role, you will provide technical design support utilising Bentley tools (such as ProjectWise, MicroStation, OpenRoads, and OpenRail), to update (and create, where required) 2D and 3D models of civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will be working closely with engineers and project managers to deliver drafting and modelling updates for minor and major infrastructure projects. Subjects covered will involve but are not limited to, road modelling, rail modelling, utilities modelling, and surface modelling.
Previous experience in infrastructure design would be preferred, and 5–10 years in a similar role will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work under the instructions of the project DE lead to produce and update 2D drawings and 3D design information at various stages of a project, from the preliminary stages to handover documentation.
- Coordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e. architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
- Carry out 3D models/2D drawings validation checks, coordination review and liaise with third-party models originators for resolution of the design issues.
- Support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
- Attend BIM coordination meeting.
- Identify and keep a record of BIM-specific lessons learned throughout the project to ensure future projects do not replicate the same mistake.
- Provide training to upskill pairs and colleagues.
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
- Communicating throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader could be required.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be in possession of the following skills:
- Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work;
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT;
- Be an experienced user of Bentley software, as a minimum MicroStation, OpenRoad (or InRoads), OpenRail (or RailTrack);
- Excellent understanding of 3D modelling and 2D drawing production for Infrastructure projects;
- Experience in the use of 12D will be highly valued.
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D to perform modelling tasks and basic 2D drafting.
- Be familiar with other modelling tools such as Infraworks/Revit and the time sequencing tool Synchro 4D.
- Be familiar with undertaking file format conversion to facilitate interoperability between different software.
- Be a methodical worker with a great eye for detail.
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Effective time management skills include the sequencing of work of own and resource management.
- Be involved with other BIM modelers and managers, support networking, and improve CAD standards and workflow efficiency across the company.
- Have knowledge of LiDAR, and Point Cloud data.
- Be able to work simultaneously on different projects.
- Be able to work remotely;
- Be Confident in liaising with people at all levels;
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Benefits At Willow:
We strive to have parity of perks benefits across regions and while regulation differs from place to place, we believe that taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
• Flexible working arrangements
• Remote/hybrid working where applicable
• Competitive salary banding based on the work you do
• Career Learning Development through Willow Academy (Education) Program
• Up to 3 days leave each year to use towards volunteer projects you love
• Employee Assistance Program
• Embracing parenthood with parental leave
•Medical insurance coverage (U.S and PH)
•401K retirement plan (U.S)
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, high-growth tech start-up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. See the life and culture here through the eyes of #PeopleofWillow
As a distributed organisation, we value diversity in both backgrounds and experiences. Willow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion a part of everything we do. We believe that regardless of position or tenure, everyone is a leader. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward. This translates to establishing an environment in which everyone can bring their real selves to work and make it easy for others to do the same.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas