It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The Cloud Platforms team focuses on developing and designing the public cloud at Yahoo. This team develops competitive computing infrastructure of current Yahoo business units and impacts cloud oversight in our solution designs, implementation and architecture.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise cloud architectures of Yahoo and its businesses by creating enterprise-wide blueprints for company platforms
- Establish and maintain cloud standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that all systems are managed consistently across the organization
- Collaborate across disciplines and with stakeholders across organizations to identify internal/external dependencies to design and implement enterprise and company products
- Evaluate new technologies, tools, and techniques, including keeping up-to-date with emerging trends in cloud management and staying informed about industry best practices
- Partner with the business and product teams, and conduct research, review, and provide constructive feedback to support ongoing innovations, optimal solutions, and strategic opportunities
- Collaborate with CTO, CIO, executives, and fellow architects and engineers to define Yahoo’s strategic cloud platforms and systems roadmap
A Lot About You:
- Extensive experience building and driving enterprise level cloud architecture across sophisticated platforms and systems
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and GCP cloud computing platforms
- Proficient in designing, implementing, and reviewing existing cloud-based systems, ensuring that they meet business requirements and industry best practices
- Successful track record of architecting, designing, and implementing complex, loosely coupled, scalable, and secure software and systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields/equivalent work experience, with 10+ years experience in software development
- Efficient with various programming languages
- Thorough understanding of cloud security models, identity and access management, data encryption, security monitoring, and cost management
- Excellent ability to communicate with various stakeholders such as developers, operations teams, and business units along with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $143,625.00 – $299,375.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.