AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We’re growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We’ve raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a strong account executive who will play a key role in expanding our business globally. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team!
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Hunt and close new business and work with existing customers to expand use cases and cross-sell into new use cases.
- Leverage a team selling approach to orchestrate outbound prospecting efforts and create opportunities with prospective and existing customer accounts.
- Drive account planning activities for assigned accounts, leveraging an internal team of pre-sales and post-sales experts to drive alignment around key customer outcomes.
- Develop relationships with technical leaders of current and prospective customers. Guide key stakeholders (CTOs, Product Managers, Founders) from leading tech companies through the process of choosing and integrating our API, and working to constantly improve the overall experience.
- Demonstrate an ability to multi-thread and access key decision makers and C-level executives.
- Become a product expert for our APIs. Employ a relationship driven and highly consultative sales approach and understand our competitive landscape.
- 5+ years of commercial software sales experience in a closing role.
- Strong technical sales experience and high degree of confidence working with key stakeholders in engineering, product, and AI (e.g. CTO, CPO, etc.).
- Experience navigating complex sales cycles, negotiating, and closing deals with annual recurring revenue commitments.
- Comfortable building on current sales playbook—offering an industry leading, developer-first approach.
- High degree of forecast accuracy and operational rigor.
- Strong understanding of database selling and creating compelling events.
- Experience selling the value of complex technical solutions to new customers and upselling existing book of business.
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past closing positions.
- Thrives in a high energy, fast-growth startup environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively manage your own time.
- You are a self-starter, well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and a team-first player.
- Strong empathy for developers and patience to help them solve their problems.
- Great relationship builder and networker.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to build compelling sales presentations.
- Strong communication, research, and account planning skills.
- Expert inbuilding professional and compelling sales presentations to help convey value and drive deal progress forward.
- Uncapped commission and up to 1.6x accelerators on OTE
- Quarterly spiff incentives (cash, gift cards, trips, etc) for hitting quarterly goals like “best new customer logo” or “most logos closed”
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 1/year company paid team retreat
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas