Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Consumer Insights Lead to join our growing Research Team. The mission of the team is to provoke and inspire the organization with strategic and actionable insights to help define market opportunities obstacles; generate, refine and evaluate product launches; and monitor market performance.
The Difference You Will Make:
This position will design and guide research, develop actionable insights, and communicate those insights in clear and engaging ways in order to inform business decisions for stakeholders across the organization.
A Typical Day:
- Design, coordinate and execute strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects; involving a wide range of methodologies, such as focus groups, online tools, immersions, ethnographies, and simulated methodologies.
- Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs.
- Oversee supplier relationships, managing scope, budget and deliverables.
- Prepares and presents research findings, through both written reports and presentations, in a concise and compelling way to client teams.
- Ensure all outputs are actionable, grounded in consumer knowledge, and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications and inspire the team to uncover the “so whats” of all deliverables.
- Fully leverages all market, competitor and product information to produce objective and actionable insights of market drivers, the competitive environment, promotional and treatment trends with key customer types.
- Partner cohesively with the broader Research Leadership Team across business and consumer; avoid silos and seek out ways to add value by synthesizing and collaborating across the teams.
- 10+ years of relevant consumer insights experience
- A degree in the field of research, marketing or social sciences. MBA a plus
- Experience on both the “client side” and “supplier/vendor side” of research a plus
- Ability to plan, manage and facilitate global research
- Expertise in a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Familiarity with advanced analytic research techniques and tools, digital understanding, as well as leading edge market research tools methods (i.e. AI)
- Ability to manage quant data files, run analysis on quant data (e.g., ability to weight data, run descriptive statistics, etc.), program in qualtrics, query SQL, etc. a plus
- Be detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department
- Seasoned and strategic multitasker, with a hands-on approach and outside-the-box mentality
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions in real time to provide support and solve problems as they arise
- Comfortable in navigating and excelling in challenging environments with no playbook for success, and able to simplify
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We’ll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas