Kickstarter is seeking an enthusiastic Content Coordinator/Community Engagement Specialist to join our team.
The salary range for this role in the United States is $55,000-70,000.
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Content, you will work within the social team to utilize the full range of online tools to build growth and engagement for Kickstarter, across social media and our website.
You will support the Brand Marketing team in delivering on the social marketing strategy for initiatives and events that ladder up to the overall Kickstarter marketing plan, via social listening and engagement with the creator and backer communities across channels. You will assist in crafting compelling content that speaks to creators and backers who are at the heart of culture, innovation, and creativity.
In This Role, You Will:
- Contribute to weekly content calendars for owned social media channels across Instagram, Facebook, Threads, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Collaborate with the Creative team on asset development with the ability to create assets on Canva for social.
- Work with the Marketing team to project manage the creation of engaging digital content including video edits, gifs, and graphics.
- Contribute to the creation of ‘always on’ content to ensure our community remains engaged and continues to develop relationships with creators and partners.
- Employ content creation skills to maintain a clear and consistent tone of voice and meaningful narrative on social channels.
- Manage the process of obtaining assets from participating creators, partners, and sponsors.
- Support on other consumer-facing communications, as applicable, including email and website content and updates for maximum SEO and growth.
- Monitor social media trends and stay on top of competitor activity and audience behavior via social listening.
- Gather and analyze digital results and trends to feed into weekly social media reports that are shared with the marketing team.
- Research and identify potential new social, creator, or digital partnerships to help evolve marketing campaigns.
- Deliver post-event campaign reports for sponsors in collaboration with Senior Social Media Manager.
- Grow social media channels, in terms of audience numbers and engagement.
- Identify new social channels and influencers in order to grow brand awareness.
- Consistently publish on social profiles and blog content on our website.
- Some weekend work may be required to travel to events and meetings to capture content as well as meet with team members.
- You have at least 1-2+ years of demonstrated, professional experience working within current social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube) with knowledge of current trends and techniques.
- You’re extremely creative and intelligent when it comes to telling stories. You understand how culture affects storytelling, and you love to stay abreast of new social media trends.
- You have knowledge and enthusiasm for the digital marketing space.
- You have an interest and passion for the creator community.
- You have experience using various analytics software.
- You have an intermediate ability to create photo and graphic assets and video editing.
- You have a natural curiosity about trends and culture.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with an outgoing and engaging disposition, and an open, consultative approach to working with colleagues and partners.
- You have strong organizational and project management skills.
- You are an analytical and creative thinker.
- You have a good understanding of social media and digital platforms and metrics.
- Experience in HTML and Photoshop is preferred, but not required.
- You have knowledge of SEO best practices.
What You’ll Enjoy
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
Our Fully Virtual Team