As a Content Specialist – Science within the Asset Creation team, you will work as both a content and assessment expert to develop K-12 assessments for our state and district clients. Our team develops standards-based assessments for students across the United States. We collaborate with education departments, committees of educators, and business partners to develop assessments of learning that are accessible to all students. We are looking for flexible and creative content experts to join our team.
- Develop and review science test items, including multiple choice, technology enhanced, extended response, cluster sets, performance-based tasks, and simulations across multiple grade levels for large-scale assessments
- Help develop item, passage, and test specifications, item development plans, test blueprints, and other ancillary documents
- Help select, assign, manage, and train item/passage writers and educators to develop items based on standards, cognitive complexity, and item development best practices
- Facilitate and support customer meetings and provide content assessment expertise
- Facilitate activities related to test construction and review of composed test forms
- Consult with the customer as required, including participation in planning, status, review meetings, etc.
- Work closely with test development managers, other content developers, psychometricians, and other Pearson groups
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some travel required
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
The minimum full-time salary range is between $60,000 – $70,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, science, or equivalent experience required
- Five years’ experience as an elementary or secondary teacher in the field of science preferred
- Professional knowledge of content-specific area and educational trends required
- Expertise in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) or other 3-dimentional standards preferred
- Some experience in large-scale educational measurement preferred
- General knowledge of all phases of the development, processing, scoring, and reporting of large-scale assessments preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to creatively and flexibly address challenges with a variety of audiences
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work on multiple activities and adapt to unexpected events
- Skill in basic software tools and technology and the confidence necessary to work with unfamiliar programs